Summer is here!
Beach days, pool parties, hikes, picnics and other outdoor adventures are the order of the day.
All of these things are super fun, but also super dehydrating. Nobody likes dealing with the effects of even mild dehydration, so why not prevent it? It gives you way more time to play and greatly reduces your chances of being unseasonably cranky 🙂
Prepare yourself for your next outing with some simple recipes for hydrating drinks. And maybe invest in a sturdy travel bottle if you don’t have one already.
Hydrating Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic
This one is pretty simple, and provides electrolytes and Vitamin C. You also get the added benefit of the inflammation reducing properties of turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground.
- 1/4 lemon juice, fresh.
- 2 cups filtered water.
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, or maple syrup.
- Pinch of cayenne.
Natural Sports Drink Recipe
yield 4 cups
Save money and avoid artificial ingredients by making your own homemade natural sports drink recipe with electrolytes. Endless options to make a flavor you love!
- 1 quart of liquid (options: green tea, herbal teas, coconut water, plain water, etc)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp high quality salt (or more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon calcium magnesium powder
- 1/4 cup or more of juice (optional)- Can use grape, apple, lemon, lime, pineapple, etc
- 1-2 TBSP sweetener (optional)- can use honey, stevia, etc. I suggest brewing stevia leaf into the base liquid for the most natural option.
- Brew tea if using or slightly warm base liquid
- Add sea salt and calcium magnesium to mix.
- Add juice and sweetener if using and mix or shake well.
- Cool and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Will last up to four days in fridge, but I prefer to make as needed.
Have you tried these? Do you have a recipe of your own to share? Let us know in the comments!